- ArtSpan OPEN STUDIOS
- UPCOMING EXHIBITIONS >
- PROJECT GALLERY
- CALLS FOR ARTISTS
- ARTIST STUDIOS
WOMEN DO IT!"
"WOMEN DO IT!"
Traveling Postcard Exhibition
in the Project Gallery at Arc
OPENING RECEPTION: Saturday, May 7th, 7-9PM
"Women Do It!” was inspired by the work of the United Nations’ HeForShe campaign, its Beijing+20 program and in their efforts toward advancing women’s rights and gender equality in society, economics and politics. This exhibition is a program of the International Caucus of the Women’s Caucus for Art.
EXHIBITION: May 7 - June 4, 2016
The Women’s Caucus for Art was founded in 1972 as an art and activism nonprofit organization of artists, art historians, students, educators, and museum professionals. Its International Caucus is charged with representing WCA as an NGO (non-governmental organization) in the UN and creating opportunities and collaborations within the UN and other international entities.
"Women Do It!" invites people of all genders and ages to create postcards of women and girls they admire. The works in this exhibition answer these questions:
What are noteworthy achievements by women? What impacts have women had on the economy, human rights, education, environment, world health, religion, politics and peace? Who are our women and girl heroes in our family and in our community? Which women do you admire in leadership, public service, sports and in the arts?
- WCA and CAA Conferences, New York City, February 2015
- UN Commission on the Status of Women Conference, New York City, March 2015
- Honey’s Café Gallery, Red Lodge, MT, July 2015
- Target Gallery of the Torpedo Factory Art Center, Alexandria, VA, February 2016
- Women’s History Month Exhibition, Florissant Valley Community College, St. Louis, MO, March 2016
- Arc Project Gallery, San Francisco, CA, May 2016
"Women Do It!" Exhibition Directors
Priscilla Otani, Past President of the Women’s Caucus for Art
Sherri Cornett, Char of the International Caucus for Art
On-Line "Women Do It!" Gallery